This crochet pocket hug pattern makes the cutest Valentine's Day gift ever... and it is so simple to crochet! This little heart only takes about 5 minutes to work up! You can also call this pattern a pocket heart!
To make this pocket heart pattern, you'll only need some small bits of scrap yarn. The stitches used to make this heart are the double crochet, treble crochet and a slip stitch. This pattern works up super fast and you will have some little Valentine's Day gifts to give out in no time at all!
This Crochet Pocket Hug Pattern is available for free on this website. If you prefer to work from an ad-free, printable PDF version of this pattern, you can purchase this pattern from my Etsy shop for a small price. Thank you so much for supporting Crochet Guru!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase through my links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclaimer for more information. Thank you for supporting this website, Bobbie
GET YOUR OWN POCKET HUG QUOTE PRINT OUTS!
If you would like to have some pre-made, printer friendly pocket hug quotes... I have several available for a small price on my Etsy shop!!
More Details on Pocket Quotes:
1. I have about 10 different quotes/sayings available for purchase (I will be adding more).
2. Some of the squares say heart and some say hug.
3. Make sure to use cardstock paper for the best results, or you could laminate the quotes/sayings instead.
4. I use a little piece of tape to hold the crocheted heart in place. Check out my video to see how I attach my crocheted pocket hug to my quote!!
5. There is a little space at the bottom of each quote/saying for you to sign your name if you like.
6. The cards are 3 1/4 inches wide and vary from 6 to 7 inches tall.
Any #4 yarn weight/medium can be used for this pattern
For this pattern I used Red Heart (I used my left over scrap yarn for this pattern).
The colors I used are:
1. Cherry Red
2. Pedal Pink
7.0 mm or a size 2 crochet hook in US terms
2 inches across - 2 inches down
This pattern is written using standard US crochet terminology.
FOR MAGIC RING INSTRUCTIONS SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!!
CROCHET POCKET HUG PATTERN
With the color red make a magic ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, (3 tr, 4 dc, tr, 4 dc, 3 tr) into the magic ring.
Pull the magic ring mostly closed, ch 2, sl st into the slightly opened hole in the magic ring.
Pull the ring tightly closed.
I like to tie the 2 loose ends together tightly so that the middle hole does not re-open.
Fasten off and weave in the loose ends with a yarn needle.
The Products I Used for this Pattern: I always try to find the best deals and quality!
Pin This Post!
Save this crochet heart pattern to your Pinterest boards so that you can come back to it later.
This crochet pocket hug pattern makes the cutest Valentine's Day gift ever... and it is so simple to crochet! #valentinesday #crochetpattern #crochetheart
WHY USE A MAGIC RING?
A magic ring is one of the best ways to begin when you plan on crocheting in the round. A magic ring is also called an adjustable loop. The advantage of using a magic ring is that there is no hole left in the middle of your crochet project.
HOW TO MAKE A MAGIC RING?
Start with the yarn crossed to form a circle
1. Draw up a loop with your hook but don't pull it tight
2. Hold the circle with your index finger and thumb, and wrap the working yarn over your middle finger
3. Make one chain stitch by wrapping the yarn over the hook and pulling it through the loop on your hook
4. Now insert your hook into the loop and underneath the tail. Wrap the yarn over the hook and draw up a loop
5. Wrap the yarn over the hook again and draw it through both loops on your hook
6. You have now completed your first single crochet
7. Continue to crochet until you have the required number of stitches as mentioned in the pattern. Now grab the yarn tail and pull to draw the center of the ring tightly closed
8. You can now begin your second round by crocheting into the first stitch of the first round. You can use a stitch marker to remember where you started.
Copyright: You may make and sell any items made from my patterns, but please make sure to give Crochet Guru credit. Please do not copy this pattern or any of my photos and share them as your own, in part or whole. Instead, give credit and link back to the Crochet Guru Website. I appreciate your understanding!
Please Remember: You may sell the finished crocheted product. But never sell, copy, publish or claim this pattern or any other pattern you find on this website as your own.
Have Questions? Join My Crochet Guru Facebook Group!
I hope this article was helpful! If you have any additional questions, feel free to join my Crochet Guru Facebook Group. This group is for you to share pictures, ask questions, and help each other out!
Do you want to know when Crochet Guru posts new crochet videos, products, and patterns? Be sure to like Crochet Guru on Facebook and join the Crochet Guru Group! Also follow Crochet Guru on Instagram! Remember to tag Crochet Guru when you post your finished projects on social media! I can't wait to see them!